Library Reserve Requests
Please submit library reserve requests 4-6 weeks before the beginning of the new term.
Please also make sure to include all the below information as it is needed in order to process these orders.
Copy and paste the template below in an email to HAS@ucsc.edu:
Email Subject Header: Library Reserve Request: "Professor/Lecturer First and Last Name" (Quarter & Year)
- Course Name and Number
- Estimated Enrollment
- Length of reservation (2hrs, 1 day, 3 days)
- Call Number*
- ISBN (13-digit preferred)
*How to find a call number:
- Go to the University Library website: click here
- Toward the middle-right of the page, you will see the "Find Books and More" section; the default will be set to the Catalogs tab
- Make sure that the first drop down option is set to "Cruzcat"
- The second drop down is what you will use to search for the book. It is best to search using the ISBN number or the Title of the book. Click Search.
- You will be taken to the results page. Click on the Title hyperlink to be taken to the book's profile page.
- Make sure the edition/version is the one you want.
- Please copy down the call number.
- If you cannot find the book by Title, Author, or ISBN, please let us know in the email and we'll have the library order a copy.
- If the library has an older version of the book you want, please let us know in the email and we'll have the library order the most recent version.