Healthy Humanities Initiative
- Create a shift toward a positive and healthy work environment
- Create a more collaborative culture and community among the division, promoting diversity and inclusion
- Promote health and wellness through fitness activities (for all ages)
- Promote a sense of responsibility to our community (and beyond) through volunteering and Green Team events
If you have any ideas you'd like to contribute or if you'd like volunteer to help set up events, please email us!
The Healthy Humanities Committee is open group that all Humanities employees can join. Currently, it's members are:
Evin Guy, IHR
Blanca Rodriguez, Dean's Office
Katherine Hamby, Writing Program
Kayla Aayers, History
Hollie Clausnitzer, Philosophy
Angela Thalls, Humanities Computing
If you're interested in joining, please let any of the members know.
Academic Year 2016-17
- Please see our Healthy Humanities Events Calendar for events planned for AY 2016-17!
- July: Summer wellness classes (Yoga with Anthony Breakspear and Zumba! with Adrienne) were offered to Humanities affiliates through the Healthy Humanities Fitness Program
- July: Healthy Humanities Initiative was officially launched
- April: The first Healthy Humanities fitness class (Yoga with Anthony Breakspear, Lecturer for the Writing Program) was offered to Humanities affiliates.
- April: 2015-16 Provost's Sustainability Intern, Lauren Lehrer, in collaboration with the Humanities Green Team put on an Earth Day Lunch & Learn event for all Humanities affiliates.
- Februrary: The first annual Winter Luau was thrown for Humanities staff and student staff
- October: Humanities division employees celebrated Halloween with costumes and a potluck
- December: Employees celebrated the Winter holiday with a potluck and bingo!