Kimberly J Lau
|Office||239 Humanities 1|
|Office Hours||By appointment|
|Campus Mail Stop||Humanities Academic Services|
Feminist Theory and Gender Studies; Embodiment, Affect, and Identity; Fairy tales, Folklore, and Fantasy; Virtual Worlds; Popular Culture; Discourse Analysis and Ethnographic Methods
- Erotic Infidelities: Love and Enchantment in Angela Carter's The Bloody Chamber. (Wayne State UP, 2014)
- Body Language: Sisters in Shape, Black Women's Fitness, and Feminist Identity Politics. (Temple UP, 2011)
- New Age Capitalism: Making Money East of Eden. (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2000)
- "Snow White and the Trickster: Race and Genre in Helen Oyeyemi's Boy, Snow, Bird." Western Folklore 75.3-4 (2016): 371-396.
- "A Desire for Death: The Grimms' Sleeping Beauty in The Bloody Chamber." In Transgressive Tales: Queering the Grimms, ed. Kay Turner and Pauline Greenhill. (Wayne State University Press, 2012).
- "The Political Lives of Avatars: Play and Democracy in Virtual Worlds." Western Folklore 69.3-4 (2010): 99-124.
- "Girl: Stories on the Way to Feminism." In A Narrative Compass, ed. Betsy Hearne and Roberta Trites (University of Illinois Press, 2009). 19-30.
- "This Text Which is Not One: Dialectics of Self and Culture in Exploratory Auto-Ethnography." Journal of Folklore Research, May/December 2002.
- "Serial Logic: Folklore and Difference in the Age of Feel-Good Multiculturalism." Journal of American Folklore 113 (2000): 70-82.