|Department||History Department, |
|Affiliations||Feminist Studies Department, |
Critical Race and Ethnic Studies
|Phone||831-459-3427 (office), |
|Office||273 Stevenson College|
|Office Hours||Spring 2017: Wed 2:30-4:30 or by appt|
|Campus Mail Stop||Stevenson Academic Services|
|1156 High Street|
Santa Cruz, CA
British Colonial America; Early Modern Atlantic World; Early Modern Cultural and Religious History; World Missionary History; Women and Religion; Gender
Biography, Education and Training
B.A., Brandeis University
M.A., University of Pennsylvania
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Women and Religion in Early America 1600-1850: The Puritan and Evangelical Traditions. London and New York: Routledge, 1999.
- "Engendering Puritan Religious Culture in Old and New England." Pennsylvania History 64 (1997), 105-22.
- "Puritan Patriarchy and the Problem of Divine Revelation." Journal of Interdisciplinary History 23 (1993), 571-95.
- "Anne Hutchinson, Sectarian Mysticism, and the Puritan Order." Church History, 59 (1990), 482-96.
- Triumph of the Laity: Scots-Irish Piety and the Great Awakening 1625-1760. New York: Oxford University Press, 1988.
British Colonial America; US and the World; American Feminist Thought; History of Religions in the U.S.; Gender and History; History of the Body
Courses TaughtHIS 10A, US History 1600-1877
HIS 13, Introduction to American Religious Culture
HIS 110A, Colonial America, 1500-1750
HIS 112, American Feminist Thought, 1750–1950
HIS 113C, Women and American Religious Culture
HIS 190P, Early American Society and Culture
HIS 204A, History of Gender Research Seminar
HIS 210A, Readings in U.S. History and the World
HIS 211 A/1, Readings/Research in Early American
HIS 265, History of the Body