David S Marriott
|Department||History of Consciousness Department, |
|Office||Humanities 1, Room 435|
|Office Hours||Fall 2011: Tuesdays 2–4 PM|
|Campus Mail Stop||Humanities Academic Services|
|1156 High Street|
Santa Cruz, CA
Biography, Education and TrainingPoet and critic, David Marriott, was born and educated in England and received his Ph.D. in literature from the University of Sussex. His first book, On Black Men (Edinburgh University Press, 2000; Columbia University Press, 2000), was an interdisciplinary study of how models of selfhood come to acquire cultural recognition through the aberrant fictions of race. His second book, Haunted Life (forthcoming Rutgers University Press), extends this meditation on discourses of inwardness and the paradigmatic aberrations of race into a comparative study of black atlantic modernism. Incognegro (Salt Publications, 2006) is his most recent book of poetry. His present project, The Two Freedoms, is a critical study of C.L.R. James and Jules Marcel Monnerot.
- 2008 Hoodoo Voodoo, Shearsman Books.
- 2007 Haunted Life, Rutgers University Press.
- 2006 Incognegro, Salt Press.
- 2000 On Black Men, Edinburgh University Press and Columbia University Press.
- 1998 Psychoanalysis and Poetics, with Dr. Vicky Lebeau, Cambridge: Fragmente.