I’m pleased to announce that the Call for information for the 2012-2013 Humanities Spring Awards Celebration has been issued.
The annual “Celebrating Humanities” event is an important opportunity to acknowledge those who have achieved special recognition, awards, distinctions and honors over the course of this last year. Highlights include the presentation of the Dizikes Faculty Teaching Award in Humanities, which honors the teaching efforts of faculty.
The categories for acknowledgement this year are:
- Faculty Awards and Honors
- Research Grants and Fellowships
- Teaching Awards and Instructional Innovation
- Major Publications
- Undergraduate Awards and Honors:
- HUGRA – supports and encourages undergraduate research in the Humanities
- Dean’s and Chancellor’s – granted to undergraduates who have completed an outstanding senior thesis or project during the current academic year
Mark your calendars!
This year’s Celebrating Humanities event will be held on Thursday, May 30. Following is the program:
3:00-3:15 Opening Remarks
3:15-3:30 Dizikes Award
3:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.: Spring Awards - Room 210
4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: HUGRA Poster Presentation, Reception - Room 202 & Quad
Thank you for your support in making this year’s Celebration of the Humanities a successful event. We look forward to broad participation.
William A. Ladusaw
Dean of Humanities