Academic Service Centers
Our staffed office is located in Humanities 1 room 215. Location information for our other centers can be found here.
The Academic Service Centers are here to provide drop-in and scheduled faculty services to ladder-rank faculty, senate members, LSOE, lecturers, visiting teaching faculty, graduate student instructors (Associate-In and Teaching Fellows) and emereti faculty.
- Faculty mailboxes for both campus and USPS mail
- Postage and mailing supplies for university-related correspondence
- Help mail documents/packages during staffed hours
If you are requesting a whole book scan that is 100 pages or more, you must allow at least 2 business days per book. No exceptions.
If you are requesting a book scan of more than 50 pages+, you must allow at least 1 business day. No exceptions.
Copy/Scan request forms can be found at every Academic Service Center, or you can print them out here.
- Walk-in copying/scanning services: copy documents during staffed hours, create .pdf documents
- Provide copier/printer code
- Self-printing guidance on Ricoh secure printers
- Ricoh copying instructions can be found here
- Provide standard office supplies
- Take your message at 831-459-2609 and put a note in your ASC mailbox
- Toner cartridges
- Basic computer troubleshooting
- Assistance with MS Office and Google Apps
- Assistance with connectivity to local printers and campus wireless service
- Assistance with media cabinet
- Provide IT supplies such as: Ethernet cables, dongles, power supplies, mice, and portable projectors
For more information, click here
Quarterly Desk Copy Requests
Please submit desk copy requests at least six weeks before the beginning of the new term.
Please see our desk copy procedure here
Quarterly Library Reserve Requests
Please see our library reserve requests here
Humanities Conference Room Reservations
Reserve conference rooms here
Instructional Support Services
Email HAS@ucsc.edu to schedule a time for assistance with the systems mentioned below.
Please allow a minimum of two-three days for processing requests.
- Edit and format documents related to coursework, including readers
- Provide Biobib guidance, content updates, and editing
- Provide eCommons guidance, content updates, and editing